Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013


Blanca Ayala
5/21/13
Period 4, Ms. Harmony
Coconuts & Sailors
·         Problem
There is a three sailor that are shipwrecked . they find a pile of coconuts. they sided to split the pile in to 3s.  When the three sailors go to sleep one sailors wakes up to stile 1/3 of the coconuts as he  is taking the coconuts a monkey start to make noise so the sailors gives him one coconut . the same pattern go for the other two sailors. In the morning they wake up to find  less then 10 coconuts . how many coconuts were in the original pile  .

·         Strategy
My strategy was to make a pie chart. I drew three pie charts to allow me to see my possible answers. Each pie chart was a different size showing the amounts of coconuts that were left after they took them. This would be the best strategy because it allowed me to see that the pile  was going to start small and end big because we were working backwards.

·         Solution

No comments:

Post a Comment